Cherry blossoms are a huge hit each year in Washington, DC and around the world. They symbolize renewal and optimism, signifying the beginning of Spring. Many tourists visit DC to see these blooms and oftentimes, they’re going to take photos! I’m including all my best advice about cherry blossom sessions and how to get the most out of your time at the Tidal Basin.
1. Meet at sunrise to avoid crowds as much as possible. You will be shocked to see how many people are there already, so the less, the better.
2. For cold mornings, bring a pair of hot hands. Or hope your photographer is thoughtful enough to bring them for you, which I will.
2. Choose outfits with solid colors, neutrals, and/or pastels. Subtle patterns and textures are flattering.
Online shopping options that I love:
Rent the Runway
3. Bring a warm jacket. A nice coat looks great in photos, complements, and sometimes can perfectly complete an outfit.
4. Bring a travel pack of wet wipes for shoes, especially lighter colors and sandals. The geese around the Tidal Basin are notorious for making a mess around the trees.
5. Self-care is always important for preparing. Get plenty of sleep, eat breakfast, and drink plenty of water!