Preparing for a photography session?! Here are a few suggestions to help you get ready for successful engagement, family, newborn, or other portrait photos!
• Choose a location that is meaningful to you
• Wear something that makes you feel comfortable
• Choose simple and classic wardrobe pieces; here are a few links to my favorite online shopping sites for inspiration:
Rent the Runway
• Consider hair or makeup artists and schedule appointments ASAP
Beauty by Sue
Best Face Forward
Blush Away Makeup Studio
Makeup by Ivett
Red Carpet Ready Makeup
The Stylist Abroad
• Formal clothing may include a suit or blazer, button-up shirt, slacks, evening wear, a maxi dress, or cocktail attire
• Casual clothing may include t-shirts, jeans, sneakers, think a brunch-style, afternoon museum-hopping outfit
• Wrinkles do show up in photos, so make sure all clothing is ironed or steamed
• Avoid wearing neon colors, and extremely bright, loud or busy patterns
• Textures look great in photographs
• Wash, dry, and style your hair; apply minimal makeup
• Trim and tidy nails and apply lotion to any dry skin
• Drink plenty of water and don’t skip meals!
Looking forward to seeing you at the session!